Thursday, November 5, 2015

How to make a star

   Several years ago, I folded paper into little stars and placed them into the jar, which I just found after cleaning out my basement.  I forgot that I wrote little messages in those little stars during one of the toughest times in my life and most stressful time in my life as a stress reliever....origami was also a good way for me to relax when I was in Nursing school. 
 
Here's how you can make a star with scrap papers:
 
1. Strip of paper, size measure of 1/2 in x 8 in. The wider the paper, the bigger the star.

2. Fold it into a knot towards one end (either left or right side).

3. Press down, fold the paper.

4. Turn it over.

5. Tuck the shorter end underneath as pictured.

6. Pull and fold the shorter end.

7. Turn over to the other side.

8. Tuck the longer end underneath as pictured.

9. Pull and tug the longer piece. Fold and press.


 
10: Tuck the shorter end underneath again to keep it secure.

11. Turn it over, keep folding it over each other buy following the shape of the pentagon. The more times you cover each side, the firmer the star will become.

12. Keep folding it around.

13. Once you have just a small piece left, you just have to tuck it underneath the fold to keep it secure.

14. Now, just pinch each corner with your fingernails.


WA LA!


Place them in fancy vase or hang them from the ceiling to decorate your home.



I hope you enjoyed making it!!!
Please feel free to post comments, decorations and also pictures of what you created!
Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment